MSN launches search and win contest @ tk here on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 7:52 PM
Google
You could also try tk Social Bookmarking Search or tk Video Search!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

MSN launches search and win contest

MSN just launched a new contest that rewards searchers who use their search engine. The sad part is that it is limited only to US residents. However I do notice some goodies in the price listing, such as 4 Panasonic TH-452PX500U 42" Diagonal plasma HDTVs and several cash rewards ranging from 10k to 50k. I wonder how long it'll take for someone to come up with an automated bot that attempts different keywords to grab all the prizes, since it is going to run till April.

Btw, I do think that this is not very useful at keeping searchers at MSN as I foresee those who are absolutely not interested in the search results, but in the prizes that are offered. In the end, they'll not click through to the sites listed.

Edit: Someone has created an automated searcher: here.

Categories:
Cool

 

7 people had something to say! Why don't you join in? The more the merrier!

On 17 February, 2006 06:21, Anonymous said...

Hello, TK.

how do you think about ajax commenting system? is this applicable to blogger? or peek-a-boo only?

Have a nice day.

On 17 February, 2006 16:45, tk said...

I don't think it is possible without some hacks, since ajax is limited to only your own domain. An easier method is to use an iframe.

On 18 February, 2006 03:13, Anonymous said...

Then, is it apllicable to blogger?

I hope that when I post a comment, it appear immediately under peek-a-boo circumstance, with no entire page refresh.


Thanks.

On 18 February, 2006 17:10, tk said...

It is possible to implement this in blogger. You can embed the comment form into your blogger template. The hard part is finding some way of refreshing the comment section after a new comment has been posted.

On 18 February, 2006 17:15, tk said...

Another way I just thought of is to load the comment form into an iframe when a user clicks for comments. The page will automatically update when someone posts a new comment. The only downside to this is that you cannot control the styling of the comments and comment form.

On 19 February, 2006 03:44, Anonymous said...

I sincerely request you to make those hacks(?) please. I think that if you develop those and teach us how to install, you will be our hero. :)

I like the former, because I have been using 'Browservulsel's custon blogger comments form' under peek-a-boo circumstance. But I don't mind whatever you make.


Thanks and best regards.

On 19 February, 2006 22:08, tk said...

I believe that this blogger has already done most of it: Basang Panaginip I'm only unsure if the page needs to be reloaded after a comment is made. Take a look at that blog, I think it's very well designed.

Google
You could also try tk Social Bookmarking Search or tk Video Search!