Mp3Tunes Fast script @ tk here on Saturday, August 12, 2006 7:28 PM
Google
You could also try tk Social Bookmarking Search or tk Video Search!

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Mp3Tunes Fast script

Firefox version
Opera version

After the Mp3tunes script, I wasn't very impressed with the speed of it. In fact, I was sure that the code was going very slowly, so I decided to see what was causing it. So after looking at it for 10 - 15 min, I finally realised that it would run approx 1/2(n+n^2) or n/2(1+n) times, better known as the formula for the summation of an A.P. starting at 1 and ending at n. Obviously, this was not an ideal implementation as I've first hand experience of Firefox locking up on pages with a quite a bit of mp3s. Opera doesn't lock up, but it still takes a while to populate the links with those sideload icons.

So I took matters into my own hands and wrote the scripts above, which run a lot faster than the scripts by Mp3Tunes. And by faster I really do mean that the difference is great. You may not see much difference with 10 links, but 50 links or so should do the trick. There are around 50 "mp3" links below, try it with the old and new scripts, I'm sure you'll see a difference.

Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3
Fake mp3

Categories:
Cool

 

2 people had something to say! Why don't you join in? The more the merrier!

On 01 September, 2006 11:03, Anonymous said...

I came across your blog and I really like it. I Would like to know if you would like to add your blog to Free Blog Links. It's my new start up to help people get traffic to their blogs.

Thanks!

On 02 September, 2006 00:49, tk said...

Sure :)

Google
You could also try tk Social Bookmarking Search or tk Video Search!