The iPhone Dev Team has released AnySIM 1.1 which currently works only for new out-of-the-box (OOTB), never before unlocked, 1.0.2/1.1.1 iPhones. Users with unlocked 1.0.2 iPhones have to wait for the Dev Team to finish their work on a "virginizer". (Update: Unofficial revirginizer here.) Edit: This entire process (listed below) is for Mac OSX only. Windows users may have to resort to slightly complicated means (typing commands, etc) to unlock their iPhone.
Download AnySIM 1.1
Steps for using AnySIM 1.1
- AnySIM (free graphical unlock) for 1.1.1 iPhones released; instructions for installing @ iPhone Atlas
- Successful unlocking with anySim 1.1! iphone 1.1.1/04.01.13_G @ Hackint0sh
Pictorial Unlocking Guide for Macs
- New anySIM 1.1! @ iPhone Development Blog
- iPhone Dev Team announces free unlock @ TUAW
- anySIM 1.1 @ conceited software
Edit: Updated to a better and more accurate title.