Free calls to 60 countries! @ tk here on Friday, July 21, 2006 3:04 AM
Google
You could also try tk Social Bookmarking Search or tk Video Search!

Friday, July 21, 2006

Free calls to 60 countries!

Possibly in response to Skype offering free calls in the US, Gizmo has offered free landline calls in 60 countries! It's split into 17 countries with free landline and mobile calls and the rest have free landline calls. So what's the catch? Well, there seems to be a few. First, you and the receiver have to be active Gizmo members. I have no idea what that actually means, but I think I'll find out soon enough. Also, the phone numbers have to be added into your profiles, which may not be a good idea if these profiles can be publicly viewed. Finally, they have stated that calls may be limited if people are found abusing it, which is likely to happen with any free service. I have yet to register as a member yet, but I guess I'll try this out tomorrow. Hopefully it remains free for unlimited calls.

Update: I realised that I don't really have a use for this at the moment. Maybe if the need arises I'll revisit this post.

Categories:
Cool

 
Google
You could also try tk Social Bookmarking Search or tk Video Search!