Only a few days ago, I was talking about the unofficial iPhone revirginizer and linked to some unlocking guides for Windows/Mac. However, up till now, jailbreaking the 1.1.1 firmware in Windows has always involved a lot of commands, headaches and swearing. A newly released program for Windows, aptly named iDemocracy hopes to change all this.
iDemocracy jailbreaks only 1.1.1 iPhones and automates quite a number of things including SSH and AppTapp installation (to install 3rd party apps on the iPhone) as well as Springboard patching. Note that it currently does not unlock/activate iPhones. The current version of iDemocracy has some bugs that the author is trying to fix, so just keep a look out for a newer fixed version. Edit: Newer version out.
iNdependence 1.2.5The popular jailbreaking app for Macs, iNdependence, has been bumped to 1.2.5. Changelog for 1.2.5 (emphasis mine):
- Put in factory activation (lockdownd patch) for all known firmware versions (1.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.1.1)
- Due to the above change, activation will not return your phone to jail anymore (something requested by many people)
- Increased the SSH timeout to 300 seconds (5 minutes)
- Fixed YouTube enabling for all known firmware versions
- Switched from Dropbear to OpenSSH in hopes that this will finally solve the SSH timeout problems people are having
- Many documentation updates dealing with all the problems one can face when downgrading to 1.0.2 and doing the special upgrade to 1.1.1. I walked through this entire process myself again to ensure that the documentation is perfectly accurate and clear about all the steps.
- Updated the documentation about SIM unlocking and upgrading to 1.1.1 to be clear about the difference between anySIM 1.0 and anySIM 1.1
- Added dialog during SSH removal which asks whether user wants to also remove libarmfp.dylib at that time. The reason is because removing this file could cause any installed 3rd party applications to become inoperable.
- Ringtone customization still doesn't work in this release
Edit: iNdependence 1.3 beta out.
Jailbait is a Windows based GUI jailbreak app for 1.1.1 firmware written by XAlliedYouthX. It strings together some batch files in order to carry out the jailbreak (ie it automates the command typing through scripting, but has a graphical interface). Currently no one seems to have tested Jailbait yet (except for maybe the author), this is probably because it was just released.
Update: Jailbait author, XAlliedYouthX, recommends using iDemocracy instead.