Offtopic: It's quite interesting today with CARNAVAL, AppSnapp and a virginizer guide. Definitely more interesting than yesterday. :) And it'll get more interesting on Nov 9, when 1.1.2 iPhones debut in the UK.
CARNAVAL v0.7The version of CARNAVAL you've been waiting for is here! CARNAVAL v0.7 now installs AnySIM 1.1 (finally!) and leaves your iPhone in the same state as other jailbreaking applications. (If you're wondering what happened to v0.6, there was a bug in it so it's recommended to use v0.7.)
* CARNAVAL now installs the new version of Installer.app
* CARNAVAL now installs anySIM 1.1 (you can uninstall it through Installer.app after you're done unlocking)
* CARNAVAL now leaves your iPhone in compatibility with iBrickr and similar applications (full jailbreak)
* An important line was missing from the latest release's back-up script (v0.6, don't use it). Thanks to Dark_Alex_Tribute for spotting this out! - brasuco
Note that some have noted that the BSD subsystem (not installed by CARNAVAL) may be required for AnySIM to work properly. Brasuco has stated he thinks only the killall binary is necessary. No one has confirmed all of AnySIM's dependencies yet so you'll have to wait and see.
Get CARNAVAL v0.7 here.
Update: CARNAVAL v0.8 out.
AppSnapp 1.1AppSnapp has been updated to whatever newer version it's supposed to be at. :D I'm just calling it 1.1 for my convenience. :P
Updates of note in AppSnapp 1.1 include more reliable jailbreaking, a one-touch aka one click process and a working YouTube.
If you're wondering about planetbeing, see Easiest jailbreak ever - no computer required! @ MacRumors.
* planetbeing became awesome.
* Entire process is logged to /var/root/Media/AppSnapp.log and can be retreived with iphuc/ssh.
* Added a check to prevent AppSnapp from being ran on devices which are not running 1.1.1
* Improved reliability. I am no longer using raw sockets to send the payload files, they are being served back to the phone/ipod via HTTP. This greatly improves the chances you'll actually get it jailbroken the first time :)
* Added progress indicator. Now once safari crashes, you'll see a dialog letting you know what's going on.
* Updated to the latest version of Installer.app. Now, I install Community Sources by default so you'll see all packages right away.
* Made it really one-touch, even for users with unactivated phones.
* Fixed issue where the majority of users with unactivated phones wouldn't get YouTube working automagically.
Visit AppSnapp here (not such a great idea on your iPhone unless you intend to jailbreak).
Update: AppSnapp 1.1.1 out.
BigBoss Virginizer GuideVirginizing your iPhone (unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone -> locked, almost like new, 1.0.2 iPhone) with a bad IMEI (dreaded 0049*) can be quite a hassle. The BigBoss 8-step Virginizer Guide looks easy enough and Hackint0sh users have reported success with it. Mark at Hack the iPhone also fixed a bad IMEI iPhone using this method.
See BigBoss Virginizer Guide here.
See Mark's notes on it as well.