The iPhone Elite team just uploaded a new version of their edited AnySIM - AnySIM 1.2.1u - which is for upgraded phones only. No idea what that means either. :) Is someone willing to try it out? :D Edit:
The "u" version of anySIM1.2 was released to give more prominent credit to the original anySIM coders (it is a great app!). But the underlying executable and patch location are the same as in the release available here on Friday November 9th.
It means there's no difference between this version and the "older" 1.2 version. :)
# This folder must be placed on your iPhone in this location: /Applications/anySIM.app
* No other location or name should be used! Capitalization matters. This is very important.
* In the directory named above should be all the .png and .bin files for the app, along with the anySIM executable itself.
1. This version works only with 4.02.13_G baseband version and can be run on 1.0.2, 1.1.1
or 1.1.2jailbroken systems
* The only way your baseband will be 4.02.13_G while you're running 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 is if you updated then downgraded firmware
2. If your iPhone came with 4.02.13_G (aka 1.1.2) OUT OF THE BOX then do NOT use this unlock yet.
* It hasn't been tested with bootloaders other than BOOT03.09_M3S2
* Some very new U.K. iPhones come out of the box with BOOT04.06_M3S2.
* If you're in doubt, check the output of bbupdater -v or go into minicom and issue at+xgendata
Get AnySIM 1.2.1u here.
There are reports that running this on firmware 1.1.1 hasn't worked for some iPhone owners. So it's best to use it on jailbroken 1.0.2
User anecdotes suggest that it'd be best to wait for a proper solution from the iPhone Dev Team instead as this hacked up release isn't very reliable.