Google AdSense implements Easy Ad Management @ tk here on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 3:39 PM
Google
You could also try tk Social Bookmarking Search or tk Video Search!

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Google AdSense implements Easy Ad Management

New: Manage Ads

Over at , the AdSense team mentions that they're currently rolling out a new feature called "Manage Ads" to all AdSense publishers. True enough, when I checked my AdSense account, Manage Ads was just staring back at me, taunting me to click it.

Manage Ads screenshot
Manage Ads: I dare you to click me!


So what do you need to know?

Here's the super quick lowdown on the new Manage Ads feature, cause you have no time to waste. (Time = money, remember?)
  1. Your old Adsense code still works, but . If your AdSense code is not generated directly from AdSense but through an AdSense partner such as Blogger, then you need to stick to your old code.

  2. To use the Manage Ads feature, you must import your old code to the new format. If you generate AdSense code now and you have the Manage Ads feature, then you'll also be able to use it.

  3. You can change an ad's colors, channels or corner styles, but one characteristic you cannot change is the ad's size. A new Ad unit needs to be created to change an ad's size.

  4. You cannot delete an Ad unit, inactive ad units (no impressions for 7 days) will be hidden. Check "Show inactive AdSense units" to display them.

  5. Your ad code is now shorter than before. It may not be important to you, but I prefer shorter code. :)

Managing my Ads

I tried out the Manage Ads feature and was able to get some of my old AdSense code imported. Importing is as simple as stated by Google. Simply copy and paste the entire chunk of old AdSense code, including the script tags, enter an Adsense unit name, click "Save and Get Code" and you're done.

Note: Actually I tried out 2 of my old Ads and 1 failed to import over. I'm not entirely sure why that is so, but the one that failed was recently generated, so maybe that could be a factor.

In case you're afraid of taking the big leap, here are some screens of importing my old Ad code and an Ad unit I just created.

Manage Ads screenshot
Importing my old Ad code, it begged me to convert!


Manage Ads screenshot
Editing an ad unit, very similar to creating a new one.


Manage Ads screenshot
Managing Ad units


Final words

Google AdSense finally gains a feature that many other online advertisers implemented quite some time ago. Will this be a sign of things to come? One can only hope...

 
Google
You could also try tk Social Bookmarking Search or tk Video Search!