Safer browsing via VMware @ tk here on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 4:18 PM
Google
You could also try tk Social Bookmarking Search or tk Video Search!

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Safer browsing via VMware

Ever since Vmware released VMware player earlier this year, I've been wanting to find a reason to play with it. I was thinking maybe I could try OSX86 via the player, but installing it natively seemed much more appealing. Now that the browser applicance is released, perhaps this would be the time to try it out.

However, when looking at the space requirements for the browser appliance, I figured it was an overkill to download the 200+Mb zip file, unzip it to 1Gb or so file(s) to use with the 28Mb VMware player, just for surfing the web (of course, I suppose you could do other things as well). I'm sure that the Damn Small Linux(DSL) package which is around 50+Mb(100+Mb unzipped) would do the job just fine. If the guys at DSL were to strip out the other apps included with the distribution to make a DSL powered browser appliance, I'm sure it could go even lower.

Categories:
Cool Tech

 
Google
You could also try tk Social Bookmarking Search or tk Video Search!