I oppose Putfile's move by mirroring any putfile video requests @ tk here on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 1:40 AM
Google
You could also try tk Social Bookmarking Search or tk Video Search!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I oppose Putfile's move by mirroring any putfile video requests

Link: Putfile Says Goodbye To Singapore

I think this is pretty ridiculous, so I've decided that if any Singaporean happens to stop by here and wants to watch a putfile video, I'll download it and host it at Google video, which btw happens to be better than Putfile and submit a post here.

I'll take this chance to say something good about Google Video.

First, Google allows anyone from any country to access its videos, which is prolly why you actually hosted the file on an external server in the first place. I doubt you want your viewers to tell you they can't access your video and end up serving the videos directly. And you argue that Singapore is a small country anyway. Yeah I'll agree with you on that but what's stopping putfile from banning other countries in the future?

Second, Google uses flash so it's cross-platform or at least I think it is. While it's not really a big problem, some people don't really like dealing with wmv files. With Google it's all in flash so no problem there.

Third, putfile's action is clearly discriminatory. The grounds for banning an entire nation is based on a totally unrelated action by that nation. So good luck to you when hosting videos there.

Categories:
Tech

 
Google
You could also try tk Social Bookmarking Search or tk Video Search!